Thursday, January 6, 2011
Top Ten Tuesdays....on Thursday!
1. Spellmans Strike Again by Lisa Lutz. I have had this on my bookshelf since it came out in March 2010. I LOVE Lisa Lutz and the Spellmans series, so why didn't I read this in March? I was swamped and it got buried on my bookshelf. UGH!
2. Safe Harbor by Nicholas Sparks. I always buy his books, but seem to be about six months behind in reading them.
3. Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City by Holy Denham. I read the first book, Holly's Inbox and loved it, but than again, I love chick lit.
4. The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell. Who doesn't love Carrie in Sex in the City? Again, chick lit!
5. The Daughters by Joanna Philbin. I think this is going to be a great teen/chick lit. I just realized that the second one in the series was published in November 2011....The Daughter: Break the Rules. Off to Borders it is!
6. Runway by Meg Cabot. I have had this book for awhile too. I love Meg Cabot (queen of chick lit) and the Airhead series is typically Meg....easy to read, funny story, true chick lit.
7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Definitely not chick lit! I have wanted to read this since Mari at Bookworm with a View talked about it last year and my sister couldn't believe I have never read it.
8. Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich. I absolutely LOVE the Stephanie Plum series (Spellman series by Lisa Lutz is the style, but different situation). Why haven't I read this yet????? See #1 above.
9. The Walk by Richard Paul Evans. I have always enjoyed his books. When I lived in Dayton, I would see him at an annual book signing and have all his books (except the last two) signed (and personalized) by him. He is such a down to earth, good guy. I enjoy the meaning behind his books.
10. Tie between Mini Shopaholic and Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. Another one of my favorite chick lit authors. I can't believe that I have Twenties Girl on my bookshelf since 2009. What is wrong with me? Haven't gotten my latest fill of Becky Bloomwood....where are my priorities?
I could continue this list all day long! I have so many books that I want to read in 2011 - now to find the time!
Top Ten Tuesday is sponsored my The Broke and Bookish. Every Tuesday they ask book reviewers to answer your top ten to a question. Go check out there site to participant.
Posted by Seaside Book Nook at 7:29 AM